Tuesdays, Tuesdays
Well, this Tuesday was a good one. Teddy got numerous awards and kudos at the wrestling banquet as a senior co-captain, tournament winner, gentleman. The food was good, even for a non-meat lover like me. I did have some shrimp, but skipped the roast beast, which got very good comments.
About Tuesdays in general. Tuesday night is the night that for the past few months I have missed both bell choir and choir because of spinning class, sporting events, training meetings, school events --- well you get the picture. So, now instead of taking Fridays off like it says on my training schedule, I will be taking Tuesdays off so I can choose between the other events I need to go to. Again - morning workouts would really solve a lot of issues. How do I train myself to GET OUT OF BED before the sun comes fully up?? Maybe an earlier bedtime is in order, but it's hard to go to bed before the rest of the family. I might miss something.
So - I did not get up and do a workout this morning. On the docket for this week -
Wednesday (a.m. or before Lenten service) - run 6 miles
Thursday - bike 25 - most likely after work on the Oberlin bike path, depending on whether I get my gear together.
Friday - swim 2500
Saturday - Bike and run
Sunday - run
Monday - swim
Tuesday - off
REPEAT - with longer swim intervals and hillier courses, of course.
SEVEN weeks to Triathlon! Sounds like such a short time. Especially since I started this thing saying, "I've got 6 MONTHS to train. Plenty of time."
But my fitness level has grown by leaps and bounds. The cross-training seems to reduce soreness and speeds recovery. Imagine running 10 miles (well, jogging) and not being sore the next day. A little stiff, but the swimming works out the kinks. Swimming is so restorative. The shoulders are a little stiff the next day, but that too does not last. I do need to do a bit more stretching and weight lifting - but I do what I have time for.
Almost chose to go on the camping training weekend at Deercreek, but decided I was too old, um - mature, to handle the cold, especially after talking with my camp-knowledgeable husband and a friend, who both basically said - Camping in March in Ohio - Plan for rain and expect cold. AND when I realized that 40 degree days generally means 20 degree nights, I realized that I can get some group riding in another time. It will be chilly enough here this weekend. I need to find some hills. I might just do hill repeats on a short course. They aren't "killer" hills, but they are not flat (duh). I've camped in a pop-up camper and tent (well, I've slept in a tent and a pop-up camper at summer camp, with a shower house and a sauna and all my meals cooked.) I'll figure it out. Let's just say I'm not the "high maintenance" type. I can live with a quick shower, no makeup and no hair appliances or products :).
Okay - 'nuff chatting.
Peace Out - Rosie
About Tuesdays in general. Tuesday night is the night that for the past few months I have missed both bell choir and choir because of spinning class, sporting events, training meetings, school events --- well you get the picture. So, now instead of taking Fridays off like it says on my training schedule, I will be taking Tuesdays off so I can choose between the other events I need to go to. Again - morning workouts would really solve a lot of issues. How do I train myself to GET OUT OF BED before the sun comes fully up?? Maybe an earlier bedtime is in order, but it's hard to go to bed before the rest of the family. I might miss something.
So - I did not get up and do a workout this morning. On the docket for this week -
Wednesday (a.m. or before Lenten service) - run 6 miles
Thursday - bike 25 - most likely after work on the Oberlin bike path, depending on whether I get my gear together.
Friday - swim 2500
Saturday - Bike and run
Sunday - run
Monday - swim
Tuesday - off
REPEAT - with longer swim intervals and hillier courses, of course.
SEVEN weeks to Triathlon! Sounds like such a short time. Especially since I started this thing saying, "I've got 6 MONTHS to train. Plenty of time."
But my fitness level has grown by leaps and bounds. The cross-training seems to reduce soreness and speeds recovery. Imagine running 10 miles (well, jogging) and not being sore the next day. A little stiff, but the swimming works out the kinks. Swimming is so restorative. The shoulders are a little stiff the next day, but that too does not last. I do need to do a bit more stretching and weight lifting - but I do what I have time for.
Almost chose to go on the camping training weekend at Deercreek, but decided I was too old, um - mature, to handle the cold, especially after talking with my camp-knowledgeable husband and a friend, who both basically said - Camping in March in Ohio - Plan for rain and expect cold. AND when I realized that 40 degree days generally means 20 degree nights, I realized that I can get some group riding in another time. It will be chilly enough here this weekend. I need to find some hills. I might just do hill repeats on a short course. They aren't "killer" hills, but they are not flat (duh). I've camped in a pop-up camper and tent (well, I've slept in a tent and a pop-up camper at summer camp, with a shower house and a sauna and all my meals cooked.) I'll figure it out. Let's just say I'm not the "high maintenance" type. I can live with a quick shower, no makeup and no hair appliances or products :).
Okay - 'nuff chatting.
Peace Out - Rosie

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home