Blustery Day for biking
My schedule said 30 miles on the bike. No mention of hills. I did 25 miles with a number of hills and about a 8-10 mph wind. Riding with the wind and down hills was so much more fun than up and against. Just trying to get used to the gears and all. I think I did okay. I don't think the gearing system is logical. On the left you push down to go to a easier gear (smaller sproket in the front). On the right you push down to go to a harder gear (smaller sprocket on the back). I guess Trek thinks that make sense, but it is going to take me a while before I don't have to think through it like this "smaller sprocket on back wheel means shifting up, smaller sprocket on front means shifting down. I'm going uphill, so I better... ahh...!! Lookout...
Oh, well, I'm sure it will be second nature to me by May :)
I chose just the right time of day too. I was going to wait until later afternoon, hoping it would warm up. Instead, I went around noon. By 4:00, the rain/snow was real and the pavement was wet. I hope I get a decent window for my run tomorrow. 25 miles took me 2:15, but I slowed down quite a bit when I got back into town, and I also was trying to map out my 6 mile run route for tomorrow. My schedule has a 30-mile bike AND the 6 mile run for today, then another 25-mile bike tomorrow. I'm not ready for that. So I'm splitting it up. If the weather was nicer, a second bike ride might be nice, but I think I will probably swim instead.
That way I don't have to do an A.M. swim on Monday. We have a team meeting on Monday night, so that takes a workout time from me. Since I'm taking Tuesdays off too, I'll have two days in a row off. Can't hurt, I'm sure.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope the Deercreek folks didn't get the rain.
Oh, well, I'm sure it will be second nature to me by May :)
I chose just the right time of day too. I was going to wait until later afternoon, hoping it would warm up. Instead, I went around noon. By 4:00, the rain/snow was real and the pavement was wet. I hope I get a decent window for my run tomorrow. 25 miles took me 2:15, but I slowed down quite a bit when I got back into town, and I also was trying to map out my 6 mile run route for tomorrow. My schedule has a 30-mile bike AND the 6 mile run for today, then another 25-mile bike tomorrow. I'm not ready for that. So I'm splitting it up. If the weather was nicer, a second bike ride might be nice, but I think I will probably swim instead.
That way I don't have to do an A.M. swim on Monday. We have a team meeting on Monday night, so that takes a workout time from me. Since I'm taking Tuesdays off too, I'll have two days in a row off. Can't hurt, I'm sure.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope the Deercreek folks didn't get the rain.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home