Thursday, March 30, 2006

Rough run this AM

Ever have a bad run? I did today. Due, probably to a combination of things, I just felt really off and struggling this morning. You can probably deal with overcoming one of the following training no-nos, but don't throw them all into the mix on the same training run:
-Long hard workout the day before (27 mile bike - tempo ride)
-Peanut butter sandwich, popcorn and a beer for dinner
-Get to bed late.
-Don't eat before your run (this is not such a big deal for shorter workouts, but considering my previous evening's dinner, I could have used a half a pb sandwich or banana or something)
-Don't drink much water the evening before or the morning of your run
-Overdress for the temperature
-Start out at too fast a pace, get your heart rate up too quick on the first hill, then struggle with that lactic acid thing the rest of the run
-Battle sinus trouble due to a change in the weather

You get the picture. Anyway, I did get in about 3 miles, but I called my mommie to come pick me up. I could have finished the last mile to the car dealership - but I just didn't want to. This is so different from my walking training for the marathon, and the longest run I ever did in high school, years ago, was the 440 (now known as the 400 meter). The breathing and the heart rate thing have so much more impact. I had a great 6-mile run last week. Walking training just doesn' have the variants. My sister would probably disagree with me, but she walks A LOT faster than me.

At work, I got a bit of a headache, either due to forgetting my eyeglasses, allergies, or egg McMuffin breakfast.

Came home early, picked up my car - $250 (with coupon) - drat those ball joints or whatever.

Napped until Teddy's track meet. Just got back from that and had a salmon burger for dinner. Will shoot for better diet tomorrow. Back to my healthy meals - fruit shakes, veggie soup, salads, whole grains. Am going to bed early today. If I feel well, I will swim tomorrow at lunch. If I don't feel well, I will skip my swim workout, or do a short drill workout. I haven't really had a full rest day this week.

Teddy did well today. First in 110 hurdles; just barely 2nd in 300-meter hurdles (he should have had it, but he hit the last hurdle); passed the other 3rd-leg guy in the 4X400 to get us into 1st position going into the last leg - and we won. The team lost by 6 points. They got us in the field events. Oh well, at least the weather was great and the running events were good contests.

Goals for this weekend:
10-mile run on the Cuyahoga River Valley
30-35 mile bike, with some hills
TAXES
Laundry
Work at home for a Monday deadline.
Other than that - SLEEP!

Thanks for stopping by.
Rosie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home