Running, running
Did a 6-mile run yesterday in 65:23 (I did stop the timer at the end of 3 so I could walk to find where to pick up the train in Monroeville, and started it for the return 3 miles). My first mile was around 9:3? and I did a <5 min half mile during mile 5. I was trying to do the last two miles at race pace, but I think I was really running too fast for me and had to walk more often during the final two miles than I normally do. Anyway - at least I know I can complete 6 miles. However, I have not done much (any really) hill repeat work, so I could be in for trouble there.
Now, moving into the final stretch, I have to get all my traveling "stuff" finalized, so I'm ready to board that plane. I need to make sure I have everything ready for bike packing on Sunday. Have a final brick workout with the team on Saturday - 25-30 mile bike, followed by a six mile run. Missing another track meet. I feel bad about that. I know that Teddy doesn't mind, but I like to see him in the hurdles.
Another thing is sleep. I need to get some. I mean, I do get sleep, but I'm feeling kind of tired. Need to get more.
Well, that's just a brief update.
I drove the county roads from Norwalk to Oberlin today, just to see if it is feasible to ride to work. The quality of roads aren't always that great, but generally they are not too busy, and the distance is just about 30 miles. I can hook up with the bike path in Kipton. I'd save $3 in gas one-way. We'll see if I can get organized enough for that. It's not the riding, it's the showering at the gym, transporting work clothes, the time involved, and all that. What an easy way to train - 30-60 miles a few days a week commuting. I must say, biking doesn't pain me like running. I'll probably do less running when I'm done with this event. At least shorter distances - like 2-3 miles instead of 6-8. I'd really like to stick with the swimming, constantly working on technique. There's always something to improve - a lot for me :)
Well - Cheers!
Go enjoy this beautiful day!
Now, moving into the final stretch, I have to get all my traveling "stuff" finalized, so I'm ready to board that plane. I need to make sure I have everything ready for bike packing on Sunday. Have a final brick workout with the team on Saturday - 25-30 mile bike, followed by a six mile run. Missing another track meet. I feel bad about that. I know that Teddy doesn't mind, but I like to see him in the hurdles.
Another thing is sleep. I need to get some. I mean, I do get sleep, but I'm feeling kind of tired. Need to get more.
Well, that's just a brief update.
I drove the county roads from Norwalk to Oberlin today, just to see if it is feasible to ride to work. The quality of roads aren't always that great, but generally they are not too busy, and the distance is just about 30 miles. I can hook up with the bike path in Kipton. I'd save $3 in gas one-way. We'll see if I can get organized enough for that. It's not the riding, it's the showering at the gym, transporting work clothes, the time involved, and all that. What an easy way to train - 30-60 miles a few days a week commuting. I must say, biking doesn't pain me like running. I'll probably do less running when I'm done with this event. At least shorter distances - like 2-3 miles instead of 6-8. I'd really like to stick with the swimming, constantly working on technique. There's always something to improve - a lot for me :)
Well - Cheers!
Go enjoy this beautiful day!

1 Comments:
glad you're coming tomorrow! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home