Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Good run this A.M.

Well, Mom met me this morning at 6:30 and I did get my 5 miles in. The sore throat has turned into sinus drainage. A lot of spitting this morning (so graphic, huh?). Finished 5+ miles in 62 minutes, about 12.4 min/mile.

Okay - had to change clothes in the middle, so I stopped the clock for 3 minutes while I changed into shorts and singlet. "real time" was 1:09 - I stopped the clock for short stretch breaks.

I did an out and back and out and back, first 2.5 miles with dog in tow. I dressed too warm.

Mom walked the slow dog, and we didn't really see each other except when we left the house and when I ran into them on my second leg, as they were returning. They did about 2 miles, in about 45 minutes. Not bad. I guess I'm not really walking "with" Mom, but it is nice for both of us to at least start together. I would not do so well if we did not have our walking 'dates'.

I felt like I could run another mile, so I'm not quite so worried about the Volkslaufe (that's People's Race in German, without the umlaut) on the 4th. Like I said, just want to get a base 10K time to improve upon.

Housecleaning went well last night. Heidi worked very hard, and even cleaned out my refridgerator!!! She is not available tonight, so I need to get some planning done for Wednesday, so we don't spin our wheels. I think there will be a lot of boxes of trash and giveaway items for the church's upcoming flea market.

Bike tomorrow if nice out, or a swim. Then a 6-mile on Thursday.

My "training schedule" looks something like this:
Monday, Wednesday, Saturday - run (longer run on Saturday)
Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday - bike and/or swim
Of course each week ends up being slightly different, but if I can get 4 to 5 of these workouts in with a little strength training thrown in, that is key.

What am I training for? Life.

Have a good one!
Rosie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home