Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Packing, Packing

We leave on a jet plane tomorrow morning! It's noon. It's time to pack. I'm laying everything out on floor downstairs and my mommy (Mrs. Organization - she can pack anything into almost any size vehicle) is coming over to watch and direct. I know I can accomplish this on my own, but having Mom around is nice too.

Okay. Last week of training:

Last Monday - good swim
Tuesday - off
Wednesday - the worst bike ride of my life - windy, under-dressed, no water, and gear trouble. Other than that, I flatted about 3/4 mile from my sister's, whose bike I borrowed. Nuff said.
Thursday - run? - or I might have taken off - I don't have my log right beside me, so I can't remember.
Friday - meant to swim, but didn't; left work early because I had a major headache, and then slept a lot
Saturday - planned to do a mini-tri (swim, run then spinning class), but the rec doesn't open until 8 and I got there at 7:15, so I ran a full 6.25 miles and then did the spin class for about an hour. Then watched my son run at a track invitational.

Sunday - after dinner walk with my hubby and the dogs.

Monday - swam 400 yds in the pool in my wetsuit. Oh, the looks I got. It was quite warm, but I feel that it does indeed help a bit with my breathing. I don't sink quite so much, so really don't have to kick at all. Just have to be careful to stay relaxed and not get my heart up to fast. Finished another 600 without the wetsuit. Felt heavy at first. Felt good; felt short - especially after doing 2500-yd workouts.

Tuesday - ran 4+ miles to reservoir and back in 48 minutes, negligible walking (like 3 X 15 seconds), and picked up the pace for the last mile.

This morning - 1000 yds in the pool - without the wetsuit. Need to get my new googles figured out. I'm taking both pair, so I'll decide once I get out there.

Anyway - I just wanted to post before I left. I'm excited and nervous. I know I'll finish. I just hope the hills aren't too bad and the wind is not as strong as the forcast looks, and that the heat doesn't bother me as much as I'm worried about. We've been training in 40-60 degree weather, so hopefully 70-80 won't wipe me out. Fluids, fluids, fluids.

Thanks all! My race bib number is 8499 and Chris's is 8509 if you want to check out results after Sunday. The link to the race website is at the right under: Wildflower. We should be finished by dinner time in Ohio. Hopefully, not too late of a dinner.

Cheers! Pray for me. Romans 8:37 - We are more than conquerors through Him who loves us. Hyper Nike! On to conquer this triathlon!

But, um, first I have to pack :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home