Monday, June 19, 2006

STAY HEALTHY!

I hope I'm not coming down with something. I've had a sore throat for a couple of days. I wonder if it is in part because when I run I mouth-breathe because it's harder to get air through my nose. Or allergies in some form.

Anyway, I did a 6-mile RW (Run/Walk) on Saturday, a recreational swim in my sister-in-law's pool yesterday, and skipped my run this morning. I'm hoping I will wake up tomorrow without the sore throat and I can get in my 5-mile interval and 6 mile runs in this week prior to Teddy's graduation party this coming Saturday. Plus get on the bike and in the pool once or twice by Sunday.

I had not done a run longer than 2.5 miles before my run on Saturday, so I feel I did okay posting a 1:24 time. The distance could be slightly more or less than 6 miles because it is a guesstimate from gmap-pedometer on trails around the reservoir. I guess I should have gotten off my duff a bit earlier to train for July 4th, eh?

Well, this week is going to be mostly about getting my workouts done in the morning and cleaning my house in the evenings while Pat is teaching. I've hired one of Mel's friends to help me and motivate me. If we can just get the downstairs a bit more organized and less cluttered, that will be a start. The big issue is downsizing. I've got to work on that bit by bit and be ruthless when throwing things out. I mean, I don't even wear pantyhose anymore - well rarely. Why do I have a drawer full of hose that don't fit or have a runner??? I ask you. Why can't some people throw things away!!??

Anyway, I'm going to pump up the nutrition and hope that whatever is lurking to bring me down just goes on its merry way. Back to smoothies, whole grains, veggies and vitamins!

See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home