Long, long break from exercise
Not just a break from training, but a total break from exercise. Haven't done much since Wildflower. Mom and I started an early morning MWF walk/run the dogs last week. So, I'm up to 2.5 miles, and have completed a total of 3 miles, including warm up and cool down walks with Mom. It is really difficult to walk at Mom's pace, and Snickers, the dog the younger, keeps me moving. Spatsy, dog the wiser (well, that's debatable) hangs out with mom. Spatsy is 10 and Mom is 78. They are both doing pretty good walking 2 miles+ in 40 minutes. I should be in such shape when I get to their age.
Now I have three weeks to get ready for a 10k on July 4th, so I expect no ground breaking times. I just would like to see what kind of time I come up with running a race without swimming and biking for 3 1/2 hours before I start the course.
Just got back in the pool tonight. Only did 10 laps (after biking for an hour), but it felt quite relaxing. It is great to do just a 20 minute swim, and know that it is good for you, but you don't have to "put in the distance" so you can survive an upcoming event. I guess this is called fitness training. Just training for life. Better be careful. I did a short weight workout, then 2.5 mile run this morning; 1 hour bike, followed by a swim this evening. It all felt REALLY SWELL :)
I will probably do another triathlon, maybe closer to home and without quite the hills... I know Christine wants me to do Wildflower in 2008. We will see, we will see. I have some other things on the burner which could complicate training, but more on that later.
Caio! (is that right?)
Good Night and God Bless us every one!
Now I have three weeks to get ready for a 10k on July 4th, so I expect no ground breaking times. I just would like to see what kind of time I come up with running a race without swimming and biking for 3 1/2 hours before I start the course.
Just got back in the pool tonight. Only did 10 laps (after biking for an hour), but it felt quite relaxing. It is great to do just a 20 minute swim, and know that it is good for you, but you don't have to "put in the distance" so you can survive an upcoming event. I guess this is called fitness training. Just training for life. Better be careful. I did a short weight workout, then 2.5 mile run this morning; 1 hour bike, followed by a swim this evening. It all felt REALLY SWELL :)
I will probably do another triathlon, maybe closer to home and without quite the hills... I know Christine wants me to do Wildflower in 2008. We will see, we will see. I have some other things on the burner which could complicate training, but more on that later.
Caio! (is that right?)
Good Night and God Bless us every one!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home