Saturday, July 01, 2006

long run - TGfor GPS wrist trainer

I thought I had set out a 6.5 course from the car dealership, so I could do my run while my oil was changed this morning. Thank goodness I was wearing the gps.
The half-mile from the dealership to my first turn was really a mile. I made a course modification early in the run. And when I saw that I was at 5 miles before I got to the reservoir, I knew taking the loop AROUND the res would add another 1.5 miles to my run, making it close to 8 miles. So I cut that loop out as well. I ended up doing 6.5 plus about a .75 cooldown to get back to my start point.

As it was, I didn't understand the "interval training" setting on my fitness trainer. Turns out it counted my one minute walk times as "rest". When I thought I was at 6.2 in 1:13, I had completed a total of 6.69 in 1:21. The fitnesS trainer was only counting my 9 minute intervals as a "lap" and recording my 1-minute "walks' as rest. So, my overall pace was just over 12 min /mile. That is my goal to beat: 1:15 for the 10K. I'm taking Sunday and Monday off. This was a "trial" run at the same time of day as the race, without the benefit of water stops or people spraying you with water. Hopefully, I can do at least this well on Tuesday.

Teddy is in Day 2 of "wisdom teeth surgery recovery". Not happy that he still cannot feel his lip. And his right jaw is now quite swollen. He is not having a lot of pain, or bleeding, which I am very thankful for. I better go put some ice on it again.
Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home