Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Kids, etc.

So, my youngest graduated this year and we had his graduation party on Saturday. Boy, I don't remember it being so detailed or involved for my other two. Teddy just has so many friends and social groups. He's in soccer, wrestling, and track, musicals, orchestra, church, and helps with the local dance company partnering the girl dancers. I can't believe how much money we spent. But, then again, when you look at 'per person', it makes sense. We had beautiful weather at the reservoir under a shelter. Pat's ice cream sundae idea of using a rented small freezer actually went over quite well. Let's just say I saw a number of kids go back for sundaes several times.

After the party, I took a lot of stuff back to Mom's. We have much left over paper products - plate, cups, bowls, utensils, plus bottled water. It's all stuff we can us for a later event.

Teddy then invited friends over to Grandma's (my mom) for a bonfire. It was really a great day.

Best part. I talked to Ted the next day. "So, we really haven't gotten you a graduation gift."
He says, (paraphrase) "I have money, from gifts. Your gift was a really great party." Ahh, my mother's heart melted. What did I do to deserve such a child? He is not even holding us to the money for a musical instrument for Christmas. He's taking camp at Luther as a Christmas present, just like the other two adult children.

Yep, I now have three ADULT children. But I'm not as old as that makes me sound. Old school. Had kids young, not in my 30's. It is still a shocker to think that we are "empty nesters" under the age of 50. Well, in a few years when Ted finishes college, that designation will be accurate. They really are still in the nest until then. And even keep one foot in after that. Praise the Lord! I love my children. I look forward to extended family. That's what it is about - family, one way or another.

Okay - a little training news. I did about 3 miles on Monday. Going 5 tomorrow and 6 on Saturday, rest on Sunday (or a short run), Monday off, then 10K on Tuesday. Just can't seem to get out of bed to cross train on non-run days. The allergies seem a little better. Either the air is better, or the Flonase is actually helping. Breathing was good today.

Also spent way too much time deciding to buy a GPS trainer. But I did eventually get a great deal on the "old" model "Garmin Forerunner 201 Wrist-mounted GPS Personal Training Device". Also signed up for an Amazon credit card for $40 off, so even with next day delivery, the total was under $70. Not bad. It will be nice to know my distances without using, gmap pedometer, the car or bike computer to guess about how far I'm going.

So thrilled that everyone finished Ironman France this weekend. I don't know Brian's last name, but I'm confident he finished too.
Yeah Bryce, Kurt and Susanna!!!!

bye

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, Sharon! It's nice to be back...

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home