Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I am a bum

I have done practically nothing since my 10K. A couple run/walks with Heidi or mom (around 2.5 miles) and a swim or two. S-o-o bad. And yes, I have GAINED 5 (pounds, that is). I guess I need another race. Really, my bursitic (sp) knee and sciatica have been worrisome. I sometimes feel so aged. When I was training, I just said - you'll feel better after a swim/bike/run - and I did. Now, I'm walking in sandals a lot more and I think that puts slightly more strain on my knee because I'm not wearing my orthodics.

Anyway - upcoming events:
Taking vacation to work on my house next week while my husband is competing at Disc Golf Worlds in OK. Ted has agreed to be my pseudo slave that week - while he is not hanging out with pals or his girlfriend. No really, he will do as he has promised. He always does. He knows I count on him to help out. Got to get organized enough so we can make it without the help of our kids :)

Was hoping to re-do our attic storage room to organized storage/getaway office, but will more likely concentrate on sort and pitch (getting rid of the things stored in the attic for more than 8 years) - Hubby wisely convinced me that I was biting off way more than I could chew if I wanted to have a finished room by the time of his return from OK. So, I'll just have electrical outlets a new window and skylights (2). Then we will decide on the next step - drywall, wood plank ceiling....

Need to un-bum. Mainly, just wanted to remind myself to get out there and get physical again, even if only a couple of times a week. I know it's hot, but not so bad if I would just get up at 6AM..... Ready? go!!!

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home