Monday, August 21, 2006

Back in the Swim

Okay, the blob has got to get unstuck!
Yesterday, I decided (after seeing what a beautiful day it was) to take the dogs for a short walk and then go to the pool. I swam a 800-yd workout. Though it really wasn't a "workout" per se, I did do some intervals where I went as fast as I could (approx. 20 secs/25), and also worked on form.

After that, sat in the steam room, sauna and whirlpool.

Glad to be back.

In my day planner, I have written: "serious about exercise and diet" starting today.

I have let 8+ pounds creep up on me since Wildflower triathlon. I MUST reverse the trend. My pants are feeling tight, and I threw all my "fat" pants away...

I will have to start from ground zero in the running area. I jogged (jogging IS running in my lexicon) only 2 sets of 2 minutes around the block yesterday after walking the dogs, and it was a bit of a struggle. Maybe the extra pounds are also a factor here.

So - I'm walking for about 30 minutes with Mom two days a week (she has water aerobics MWF). I've really discovered that I'm bad at morning workouts. Pat starts teaching evening classes on Tuesday/Thursday in a couple weeks, so I can do evening workouts then. Well, and fit bell choir and choir in on Tuesdays.... so that will be a short workout evening.

Anyway - the important thing is to get out and MOVE. How often do I say this? Too often - and not following through. I just have to schedule another event so I HAVE to keep it up.

I'll be looking into short lunch workouts too. Maybe just weight training 2-3 days a week. I don't really like swimming over lunch, or working up too much of a sweat. Makes it hard to get back to work in the afternoon.

Well, must go. Just had a couple of thoughts to put down that were actually related to fitness.

Ciao!
Rosie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home