Sunday, September 03, 2006

bike, walk, swim

lower case for a reason.

10 easy miles in 55 minutes on the bike - some of that walking across the causeway at the reservoir.
-felt pretty good. The walking gave my knee a little break.

After that:
Took the dogs for a leisurely 1-mile walk in about 30 minutes. What a crazy pace :)

Although, I'm happy we made it. We had a "threatening" approach by a Chow-type dog. Spatsy may be relatively "mature" at 10 years old, but those bared teeth are still impressive. Two against one, plus owners who seemed to have trained "said Chow" pretty well, it did not come to "fistacuffs" ala canine. I'm pretty happy about that.

Turned in the dogs and went for a swim. 500 leisurely yards in the pool, followed by sauna and steam room; then a good shower - then home for dinner.

Dinner and a silly movie. All in all, a pretty good day.

I feel so much better than when I don't do any activity during the day.
Okay - that means KEEP IT UP! SWIM, BIKE, WALK/RUN more!

Bummer - the competition pool is closed next week. I guess you've got to empty it and clean it sometime. So, bike and run/walk.

It felt good. Since I'm not really training, I don't have to be on any schedule other than doing SOMETHING 4 - 6 days a week. When we are 5-6 months away from the local triathlon in May, then we will get busy. When I say "we" I mean "me" -hoping one of my sisters will join me.

500-yard swim; 15-mile bike; 5-K run

Sounds fun. May even be able to do without the wetsuit, but May could still be a bit cool.

Enough of the partial sentences. Have a great Labor Day weekend!
Rosie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home