Thursday, September 28, 2006

A new day!

My last post was a little negative.

It's a new day!

I rode my bike 10 miles at lunch time yesterday, swam 600 yds after work, and then went to a pilates sculpt class tonight. Oh, yeah, I will be sore tomorrow. The instructor is so strong. I don't know how anyone can have that kind of core strength. My goal - by the time I use up my fitness cards (30 classes) - is to be able to do all the repetitions, and somewhat close to the "medium" experienced poses. My gut is my fattest and weakest area. My height (or lack thereof), tends to accentuate that too. The only thing that saves me is that my legs are relatively thin, so if I wear blousey tops and leggings, it gives the illusion that I'm thinner than I am.

However, can I just say that Pilates is not an exercise geared to the tummy-laden. Even when I am "pulling my belly button back to my spine" there is a good deal of tissue in my way. Need to work on flexibility too. Getting rid of the tummy would help on the bike positioning too. And of course, any loss of excess weight is always good for running.

Actually, when looking in the mirror at this class, I know I'm not as heavy as I was in the past, but it all centers in my center, which sort of makes me look fatter. You know what I mean?

Anyway - enough of "fat" talk.

Onward and upward.

My sister, Carole, has sent me a note and is challenging herself to a heathier and fitter lifestyle. She has unrealistic goals about how many pounds a "reasonable" person can lose in a month, but we are setting goals and encouraging each other. Christine is still keeping up with her fitness routine.

I did fair food-wise today. Smoothie with all the extras for breakfast, Brocolli tofu stirfry for lunch, apple for a snack. Then, again slacked on dinner: cheese, crackers and wine.

Oh, well. Just keep on plugging away.

See ya!
Rosie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home