Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Where's the motivation?

I KNOW what needs to be done. I have it all written down in my planner. But the MOTIVATION. Where is THAT?

I'm going to really concentrate on getting well fueled. And no, I don't mean - eat a lot, I mean eat healthy. My supplements - vitamins, EFA oil in my smoothie, enzymes, blue green algae. Fruits and vegetables and whole grains.

So, what was on the menu today? I did 'fair' but far from good.

Breakfast:
Oatmeal with walnuts and cinnamon - good
enzymes, primrose, Q10 and vitamins

Lunch:
Veggie burger (good) w/ tater tots (bad)
enzymes

Dinner:
fruit smoothie w/ flax, EFA oil, cranberry concentrate and algae (good)

After choir snack:
flatbread snack crackers with lowfat cheese (not so good)
Wine (bad)

Exercise:
none, unless you count walking to and from my car. In my defense - I had bell choir at 6:15 and choir at 7:30. No real evening time, tho I did (briefly) think about trying to get a 20-min swim in before choirs. But I knew I would be really hungry and end up eating poorly. Plus, I hadn't seen Ted due to his work (sleep-over on-call for group home) - so it was good coming home. Fixed him a smoothie (sans all the extras) too, before heading out to choir.

Could not drag myself to a 6 am class for love or money. Well, maybe money, but I don't see anyone offering :)

Tomorrow is Wednesday. We aren't supposed to get rain until the afternoon. Maybe I'll throw the bike in the back of the car and do a 10-mile ride over lunch. My bursitic knee has been making itself known, but I'm trying to ignore it with ibuprofen.

On a fun note - took my back brake cable out of its housing, cleaned and lubricated it and put it back in the housing and adjusted my brakes - at my bike class. Our assignment for next week is to write a poem using at least 10 of our "vocab" bicycle words. Fun. It is actually nice to have such direct focus on a project. It relaxes your mind really. And I might get a "sweet"* about town bike out of it.

*I don' t really talk like that, but it does rub off.

Well, off to say "happy birthday" to my hubby. We celebrated on Sunday, because I knew we would not see each other all day today. He's home from class now, so - you know.

Cheers!
Rosie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home