Saturday, October 28, 2006

Little update

Walked about 3.2 miles on Monday with my Exerstrider walking poles before my bike maintenance class. Felt good to do SOMETHING. Then VEGGED until today.

I found out the swim section of the Norwalk triathlon in August will be 800 yds, not 500. That actually makes me feel better, because it means you need a bit of endurance and not just speed.

I swam 1000 tonight in about 40 minutes. I was doing drills too, not just straight swimming (I rarely do straight swimming). It felt good.

Doing really lousy on the diet. I've chosen to beef up (in a vegetarian way) on my supplements -
3ELive frozen algae, flax seed, enzymes, aloe capsules. Maybe it will help me STOP STUFFING MY FACE PAST THE POINT OF FULL.

Last night, tho - how you going to tell your husband that you already ate enough Triscuts (low fat) and cheese and salsa when he hollers up the stairs "I made dinner, honey." And a good one too - rice noodles, salmon and veggies - yum. I stuffed myself, like a good appreciative wife :)

Pat's brother and his wife both just completed their first marathon (Columbus for Katie, and in Indianapolis for Steve) a couple of weeks ago. Made me feel like I'm just not on the training wagon. Trying to convince Katie she should do the Norwalk Tri - you know, I'm not sure what they are billing it as: Maple City? I saw FTMC (Fisher Titus Medical Center) listed at the Rec Center as the title to get on a training maillist..? For now I'm calling it the Norwalk Tri. Remember - at this time last year I could not swim a 50-yard lap comfortably and thought 20 minutes in the pool was good. I just swam 1000 today, swimming mostly 100's.

Katie can do this. Now to convince Ann that she can handle the water. If Chris can, Ann can.

New, as always, plan
and I MEAN it.
AT LEAST:
2 body sculpt/pilates/weight training sessions per week - Thursday and Saturday
2 swims per week (sometimes after the above to stretch out, if I have time)
2 walk/runs per week (beyond dog walking); one exterstride, one walk/run
Bicycle - hmm. Weather permitting and fill in with spinning class to make it at least 4X / month in the saddle.

Just trying to establish a base fitness for the next 2-4 months, until the weather breaks again. Then I'll start a five month training plan.

Anyway - ciao!
Ever hopeful that I will follow my plans.
Rosie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home