Thursday, October 05, 2006

McDougall - less maximum

I re-read another McDougall cookbook. The Maximum Weight Loss plan cuts out breads and pastas, but the regular plan allows for whole wheat breads, pastas, and baked nachos, etc.

So, I'm not depriving myself totally from bread when I want something to go with my soup and stuff.

I had a tuna sandwich and nachos for dinner one night, but during the day it's oatmeal for breakfast, soup and salad for lunch, with fruit for snacks. And I'm not eating cheese and crackers.

This weekend, Pat is out of town and Teddy is working all weekend, so I plan to go through all my cupboards and refridgerator and get rid of food not on my list - Oh, and the rotting food too - this does not include food that the men eat, but don't tempt me - like hamburgers.

Then some menu planning and some trips to the store to stock my pantry, cook up some staples like beans, pototoes, etc. and we are on the way.

I have in fact lost a couple of pounds and don't ever feel hungry. I did eat past full for dinner last night, but it is my husband's fault. I tell him the portion is too big, and he says, "no its not." Oh well. I'll just eat more veggies today.

Watched some videos from the VegSource website. I should watch them any time I think about eating cheese. I want to cut meat and dairy out completely. I wish I could convince others that dairy is NOT the way to get calcium and can be a real detriment to good health, but my sister insists on her 3 glasses a day.....

Enough about food. What a boring thing to talk about really.

Something more exciting - exercise. Ha ha.

I walked a mile on Tuesday night, and will try the pilates sculpt class again tonight. I'm going to concentrate on walking with my Exerstriders and swimming, unless the weather is good for a bike ride.

Anyway - wish me luck for this weekend that I get some things accomplished. I don't think I'll be working on my upstairs room, although I should.... I'm always trying to bite off more than I have time or energy for, and then not completing just one of the projects. So the goal this weekend is the kitchen and some easy exercising.

Pax - Rosie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home